Source: Economic Events July 29, 2019 - Admiral Markets' Forex Calendar
With a very thin economic calendar today, Monday, and the Fed rate decision coming on Wednesday, we want to focus now on the technical picture in the DAX30 CFD.
After the ECB "delivered", as expected, a very dovish statement last Thursday with keeping interest rates unchanged, but an adjusted forward guidance which allows rate cuts, but also rate tiering (to relieve pressure on European banks resulting out of a collapse in yields) and QE in the near-term, the comments from ECB president Draghi that no rate cuts were discussed at the meeting among board members, pushing the German index aggressively lower.
Interesting enough, the DAX30 CFD found support around 12,300 points, but couldn't recapture the region around 12,440/460 points into the weekly close.
In our opinion, this should be seen as the trading floor in which the German index will trade at least until the Fed on Wednesday.
Still, since the 1980s Equity markets have seen a drift higher in the hours before the Fed rate decision, expecting an equity-friendly stance.
That said, we tend to see a higher likelihood of an attempt to break above 12,440/460 points which could open the door for further gains up to 12,600 points.
On the downside a break below 12,300 points levels the path down to 12,150/200 points:
Source: Admiral Markets MT5 with MT5-SE Add-on DAX30 CFD Hourly chart (between 09 July 2019 to 26 July 2019). Accessed: 26 July 2019 at 10:00 PM GMT - Please note: Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results, or future performance.
Source: Admiral Markets MT5 with MT5-SE Add-on DAX30 CFD daily chart (between 17 April 2018 to 26 July 2019). Accessed: 26 July 2019 at 10:00 PM GMT - Please note: Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results, or future performance.
In 2014, the value of the DAX30 CFD increased by 2.65%, in 2015, it increased by 9.56%, in 2016 it increased by 6.87%, in 2017 it increased by 12.51%, in 2018 it fell by 18.26%, meaning that after five years, it was up by 10.5%.
Investing in Forex with Admiral Markets
Admiral Markets offers professional traders the ability to trade with a custom, upgraded version of MetaTrader 5, allowing you to experience trading at a significantly higher, more rewarding level. Experience benefits such as the addition of the Market Heat Map, so you can compare various currency pairs to see which ones might be lucrative investments, access real-time trading data, and so much more. Click the banner below to start your FREE download of MT5 Supreme Edition!
Disclaimer: The given data provides additional information regarding all analysis, estimates, prognosis, forecasts or other similar assessments or information (hereinafter "Analysis") published on the website of Admiral Markets. Before making any investment decisions please pay close attention to the following:
- This is a marketing communication. The analysis is published for informative purposes only and are in no way to be construed as investment advice or recommendation. It has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research, and that it is not subject to any prohibition on dealing ahead of the dissemination of investment research.
- Any investment decision is made by each client alone whereas Admiral Markets shall not be responsible for any loss or damage arising from any such decision, whether or not based on the Analysis.
- Each of the Analysis is prepared by an independent analyst (Jens Klatt, Professional Trader and Analyst, hereinafter "Author") based on the Author's personal estimations.
- To ensure that the interests of the clients would be protected and objectivity of the Analysis would not be damaged Admiral Markets has established relevant internal procedures for prevention and management of conflicts of interest.
- Whilst every reasonable effort is taken to ensure that all sources of the Analysis are reliable and that all information is presented, as much as possible, in an understandable, timely, precise and complete manner, Admiral Markets does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained within the Analysis. The presented figures refer that refer to any past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results.
- The contents of the Analysis should not be construed as an express or implied promise, guarantee or implication by Admiral Markets that the client shall profit from the strategies therein or that losses in connection therewith may or shall be limited.
- Any kind of previous or modeled performance of financial instruments indicated within the Publication should not be construed as an express or implied promise, guarantee or implication by Admiral Markets for any future performance. The value of the financial instrument may both increase and decrease and the preservation of the asset value is not guaranteed.
- The projections included in the Analysis may be subject to additional fees, taxes or other charges, depending on the subject of the Publication. The price list applicable to the services provided by Admiral Markets is publicly available from the website of Admiral Markets.
- Leveraged products (including contracts for difference) are speculative in nature and may result in losses or profit. Before you start trading, you should make sure that you understand all the risks.