On the 1 November 2017, we'll be offering our brand new account type - Admiral.Invest! This account is designed to give you direct access to classic stock trading.
The Admiral.Invest account is supported by our most advanced trading platform – MetaTrader 5 – and enables exchange execution of single shares without any extra costs or markups and comes with competitive fixed commissions, starting from just 0.01 USD per transaction*.
The instruments covered represent major US and EU blue chips, which are made up of a number of technological, banking, telecommunication and pharmaceutical giants, including household names such as Apple, Deutsche Bank, Netflix, Pfizer, BMW and many others.
The Best Is Yet to Come...
The Admiral.Invest account represents a technical and operational framework for forthcoming expansion of this offering towards a broad coverage of exchanges in North America, Europe and Asia.
We're currently not offering margin trading and, therefore, not allowing short sales, which makes this product most suitable for those interested in 'buy and hold' investing, rather than for trading.
We encourage you to read more about pricing in our Contract Specifications – where you can also find out about the full range of instruments on offer.
Please note that with the offering of stocks trading, we have also updated the following Admiral Markets AS documents on our website (www.admiralmarkets.com):
- General Terms and Conditions
- Best Execution Policy
- Risks associated with trading
- Procedure for holding and protecting clients assets
- Payment Terms and Conditions
Share CFDs vs. Shares
You probably only know Admiral Markets as a provider of Forex & CFD trading. With this new move you can, for the very first time, trade real, "classic" shares with us! The difference between these and our Share CFD offering is:
- Shares are not derivatives, unlike CFDs, and are traded on exchanges.
- Shares are executed via smart routing in order to deliver the best available prices across all exchanges and multilateral trading facilities (MTFs).
- There's no leverage involved; therefore no daily financing costs are applied – this is particularly important when using a 'buy and hold' strategy.
- "Classic" shares are seen by many traders as medium to long-term investments – while CFDs, also because of the leverage involved, are usually traded for more speculative reasons.
But Admiral Markets AS has no restrictions or recommendations on how long you can hold an open position! It's totally possible to trade these new shares in the short term and also hold CFDs for a longer period – as always, it's absolutely up to you! But now, with these new classic investment options, you'll have more options to trade with us than ever before!
Stay In Touch
Don't forget to follow our regularly updated news section to find out more information about the forthcoming developments of our Admiral.Invest offering, as well as many other important topics.
If you have any questions, as always, a dedicated member of your local customer support team is on hand to answer them. Get in touch!
Admiral Markets AS
*Commission includes all exchange and regulatory fees